Shell Spirax S5 ATF X is a synthetic-based fluid with exceptional performance characteristics designed to service various types of automatic transmissions. Meets the requirements of most automatic transmissions developed in Asia and North America.
Range of Applications Spirax S5 ATF X
- Automatic transmissions of passenger cars
- Automatic transmissions of heavy equipment
- Power steering
- Hydraulic systems requiring the use of specified types of fluids
Performance, distinctive features and advantages
- Friction properties
Provides long-term, stable and trouble-free operation of vehicle transmission systems.
- Extremely High Oxidation
Resists degradation processes and keeps transmission components clean.
- Excellent shift resistance
A special viscosity index improver minimizes viscosity changes under the influence of operating temperatures.
- Reliable anti-wear and protective characteristics
Maximum unit life.
- Low temperature properties
Excellent fluidity at low temperatures.
- Synthetic base oil
Excellent performance throughout the life of the fluid.
For exact identification, the Spirax S5 ATF X is painted red.
Spirax S5 ATF X Specifications:
- Ford Mercon® and Mercon® V
- General Motors Dexron® IIIH
- JASO 1-A and 2A-02
- Allison c-4
- Aisin JWS 3309 (all applications)
For a complete list of approvals and recommendations, please contact your local Shell representative.
Typical Physical Characteristics
|Properties||Method||Spirax S5 ATF X|
|Viscosity at -40°mPa * s||ASTMD2983||12000|
|Kinematic viscosity at 1000C mm2 / s||ASTM D 445||7.2|
|Density at 15°C kg / m3||ASTM D1298||850|
|Flash point open cup °C||ASTM D 92||190|
Spirax S5 ATF X can be used in many Kia, VW / Audi transmissions (manufactured before 2003), Mazda, Subaru, Suzuki, Isuzu, Hyundai, Daewoo, for which DEXRON® / MERCON® / MERCON® V is recommended.
- Spirax S5 ATF X cannot be used in transmissions for which are recommended Type F transmission fluids. Carefully check the operating instructions if your vehicle brand is listed: Datsun / Nissan until 1971, Lincoln until 1978, Ford / Mercury until 1981 release, Toyota until 1983 release, Volvo until 1985 release, Mazda until 1986 release, Saab until 1993 issue
- Spirax S5 ATF X is not suitable for CVT transmissions and dual clutch transmissions (DCT).
- The Spirax S5 ATF X does not meet requirements GM 2006 requiring DEXRON®VI,vehicles Ford requiring Ford MERCON® LV or Mercon® SP, Shell 1375.4, the latest transmissions Daimler(ATF 134FE) and 6- and 7- stepped transmissions of some other manufacturers, as well as other special transmissions where fluid for recommended automatic transmissions with low viscosity is. Where the application allows the use of an alternative fluid with a higher viscosity (for example, Nissan Matic-J when Nissan Matic-S is not available) for these specifications, Shell Spirax S5 ATF X is an excellent recommendation.
- Dexron is a registered trademark of General Motors. Mercon is a registered trademark of Ford Motor.