Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 68 (discontinued) is a synthetic refrigeration compressor oil based onalkylbenzene. This versatile offer meets the lubrication requirements of most refrigeration compressors and is compatible with all commonly used refrigerants, with the exception of HFCs.
Category: refrigeration oils
Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 68 (discontinued) is a synthetic alkylbenzene-based refrigeration compressor oil. This versatile offer meets the lubrication requirements of most refrigeration compressors and is compatible with all commonly used refrigerants, with the exception of HFCs.
Scope Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 68
Refrigeration compressors. Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 68 is recommended for use in open, semi-closed and hermetically sealed compressors used for cooling in home, commercial and industrial refrigeration units. Oil can be used in rotary and piston types of compressors.
Compatible with refrigerants. Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V is recommended for use with commonly used refrigerants:
- ammonia (R717) – to achieve excellent performance even at high outlet temperatures or up to evaporation temperatures (-33 ºС and below).
- carbon dioxide (R744).
- CFC and HCFC (R12 and R22) refrigerants.
- hydrocarbon (propane R290)
Advantages of Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 6
- System efficiency. Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 68 is highly soluble and designed to keep the refrigerant clean and efficient.
- Long service interval. Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V has excellent thermal and oxidative stability. As a result, the oil retains high performance over time. The formulation, which provides reliable protection against the formation of deposits and sludge, allows you to increase the oil change intervals compared to refrigeration based on mineral base oils.
- Good compatibility. Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 68 is compatible with all sealing materials commonly used in refrigeration systems.
- Lubricant compatibility. Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V is fully compatible with mineral oils, alkylbenzene and polyalphaolefin
Health & Safety
Subject to the rules of personal and industrial hygiene, as well as its proper use in recommended applications, Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V poses no health or environmental hazard. More complete information on this issue is contained in the product safety data sheet.
Protect the environment
Waste oil must be sent to specialist waste disposal facilities. Do not discharge used oil into drains, soil, or water.
Typical physico-chemical characteristics Shell Refrigeration Oil S4 FR-V 68
|The name of indicators||Method||Meaning|
|ISO viscosity grade||ISO
|Refrigeration Oil Group||DIN
|Kinematic viscosity, mm
|Density at 15 °С, kg/m||ISO
|Flash point in open crucible, °С||DIN
|Pour temperature, °C
|Acid number, mgKOH/g||ASTM
D 664 (TAN)
|Flocculation temperature, °С|
|Refrigerant Stability (250°C), h||DIN
|Miscibility with R134a, °C||Miscibility over the entire temperature range of application.|
The name of indicators
DIN 51503 KAA and KC.
Bucket 20L, barrel 216,5 L